Practical information for mobile students


EU students

Students who come from EU member States (European Union), EEA States (European Economic Area) and Switzerland are required to prove valid passport (or valid ID card) when entering Italy. A stay that lasts less than three months does not require any formalities.

EU students staying in Italy for a period exceeding three months must register with the Registry Office/Vital Statistics Office (Ufficio Anagrafe) at the city hall where they intend to reside. They must register within three months of their arrival in Italy and obtain a residence certificate (certificato di residenza).

EU member States: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Hungary. EEA States (non UE members): Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland.

Non-EU students

Students who are not citizens of EU/EEA or of a country with which Italy has an agreement for visa waiver, need to obtain a visa from an Italian embassy or consulate before entering Italy. For further information on applying for a visa, the validity periods of visas, and visa application fees, as well as a list of countries whose citizens do not need visas, see the website of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Italy

Non-EU students staying in Italy for a period exceeding three months must apply for a residence permit at any authorised post office within eight working days upon arrival. For more details visit the website Study-in-Italy

For further information on visa and residence permits in EU countries you can visit the EU Immigration Portal


The tax code is a personal code which consists of letters and numbers, that uniquely identifies the subjects within the Italian State, in particular regarding tax and administrative matters. It is necessary to have a tax code card in order to access the services of public entities (e.g.: to enroll at the National Health Service), to enter into a contract (e.g.: employment or rent), to open a bank account, but also to buy a phone card. In order to obtain your own tax code, you need go to the local Italian tax authority (Agenzia delle entrate) and make sure you carry a valid identity document, a passport or a residence permit.

Agenzia delle Entrate Mantova

Address: Via Verri 25, 46100 Mantova, MN
Phone: +39 (0) 376 375011


  • Carabinieri (Italian military police): 112
  • Health Emergency Number: 118
  • Hospital: +39 (0) 0376 2011
  • Police emergency service: 113
  • Road accidents and assistance: 116
  • Fire Brigade: 115
  • Taxi service: +39 (0) 376 368844

Albo pretorio online

Amministrazione trasparente 


Contact us

Conservatorio "L. Campiani"
Via della Conciliazione, 33
46100 - Mantova

+39 0376.324636


protocolloatpec[punto]conservatoriomantova[punto]com (certified email (PEC))

Follow us on Youtube